December 31, 2014

Highlights of 2014

Started out 2014 with Nicole having to move. For a couple weeks towards the end of January, I kept her company via Skype nearly everyday, as she packed her flat up. It was quite a trying time for her but she is in a nicer part of the city now, and enjoying the neighborhood much better!
March was this little ladies 24th birthday! We celebrated in San Francisco with dinner at Kokkari, a really yummy Greek restaurant.
End of March beginning of April, we found out that we had to move! It was quite a scramble, as the owners of our last place decided at the last minute to sell the house and  only gave us a month to look! Not an easy thing in the Bay Area. Luckily the property management that we were under had a house coming up....................
So, this is now our new home. It has taken quite a bit to settle in I would have to say. We share the back yard area with a tenant in the in law unit out back. It was a bit topsy turvy there for a bit, as we both had to adjust to the living situation. That is all I will say about that! hahaha

My darling niece Natalia graduated from high school in June
In July, I decided to tag along with David on his business trip to England and Germany. I would have to say this was a major highlight of the year! We got to spend time with Nicole and meet her new boyfriend Ehsan.
We attended this lovely couples wedding in Munich. The time we spent with this special couple on their wedding day, will always be such a beautiful memory. I would have to say that I fell in love with Germany on this trip.
I mean, really......look at all the beauty here! Hopefully we will be seeing these two State side this year.
September we got back on  a plane and visited with my dad and stepmom in Pennsylvania. It was such a nice visit, and we got to see some really beautiful towns, visit some great museums and eat way too much hahaha.
October was such a lovely month here in California. The yard we have yielded so much fruit treasures, and it was a lot of fun cooking with them and just eating all the citrus right off the tree whenever we wanted, and still continue to! 
The best surprise and truly the highlight of the year, was the engagement of Caitlin and Cyrous! We are now in the throws of planning the wedding and having fun getting inspiration on Pinterest, and coming up with colors and ideas. I'll share more as things progress. We have the venue and the church  secured so far. We all loved the venue right off the bat and we were lucky to secure an October date!
Thanksgiving this year was so nice. We invited some expats from Germany for dinner, and they really enjoyed the Thanksgiving food. It was their first time eating our traditional feast food. 


Which brings us to the end of the year! I'm always full of refection as I'm sure many of you are as well. Hoping that the year ahead is a good one for all. I had to end with a picture of the cape, because I had so much fun this year making so many, and then getting some really, really sweet reviews on my Etsy from my customers!
Tonight we are having some friends over to celebrate the new year. So, I need to close now and finish up the food.
Happy 2015 to everyone who reads this! May it bring good health and wonderful blessings your way!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, Elizabeth! It sounds like you have an exciting year coming up planning your daughter's wedding! I wish you lots of peace and happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia! I hope you do have a wonderful new year as well!

    ReplyDelete